- Item Package Dimensions L x W x H: 5.91 x 4.92 x 4.88 inches
- Package Weight: 0.5 Kilograms
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 9.1 x 9.1 x 9.1 inches
- Item Weight: 0.46 Pounds
- Brand Name: Pflueger
- Warranty Description: Warranted by Manufacturer
- Model Name: Pflueger President Spinning Reel
- Color: Gold, Gray, Multicolor
- Material: Aluminum
- Number of Items: 1
- Manufacturer: Pure Fishing Rods & Combos
- Part Number: PRESSP20X
- Style: Pressp20x
- Included Components: Fishing reel
- Size: 20
- Sport Type: Fishing
- Fishing Technique: Spinning
- Handle Material: Stainless Steel
- Hand Orientation: Ambidextrous
- 7 bearing System - corrosion resistant stainless steel ball bearings
- Graphite body and rotor - lightweight graphite reel construction.Braid ready spool - allows Braid to be tied directly to spool
- Sealed Drag System - Sealed drag washers, always lubricated, always smooth.Slow oscillation gearing - improves line lay and minimizes line twist
- The “B” at the end of the model number represents the type of packaging (B= Claim, X= Box) and does not affect any of the specifications of the product.
Given how many people love this reel, I want to believe I received a bad unit. I've had this reel out fishing a half dozen times now, have tried two different sized mono spools, and have 10lb braid on it now...It simply is not usable. The line twist is so bad on this reel (while fishing texas-rigged plastics, or anything else) that the line comes off in loops, gets stuck under the body if you're not paying attention, etc.It's gorgeous, but it's useless. I have never had any problems like this on any other reel. Wish I could return this thing.
So many have told me how good this reel is. When I got it, I loved it -- smooth and light. Then I developed a problem where the braided line I used got caught in the bail -- making the retrieve very rough; where the line feeds through the bail there's two pieces that come together, and the line gets caught there. Amazon does not allow return after 30 days, so back to Pflueger (at my cost) it goes for a warranty repair. If I can get this corrected at minimal cost and like the replacement product, then I'll update this review with my thoughts. As of right now I'm VERY disappointed and can't recommend this reel.
Have purchased 12 model 25’s in the last month. Was using Shimano Sedonas but really like the more solid feel and smooth retrieve of the President. Converted all my other light action rods to Fleuger Presidents but it seems like their QC is lacking. Had to send back two of the twelve because of grinding in the bearings. Huge difference between the good reels and bad ones. That being said, if it feels terrible, don’t give up, exchange it right away and you should wind up with a great functioning reel in the end - but it’s frustrating to have filter through the bs. I guess they are Chinese bulk production after all...